Ways to Give
Leadership Winston-Salem, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization, relies on community partners such as local organizations, corporations and individuals for funding on an annual basis. Approximately 50% of the budget is covered by tuition fees. The remainder must be obtained through fundraising efforts which are a critical component to ensure Leadership Winston-Salem’s success and sustainability. Leadership Winston-Salem, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization, ensures each class represents a cross-section of the community, including business, government, health care, arts, nonprofit, and community organizations, as well as diversity in gender, age, race, and ethnicity.
There are a variety of ways to help us with our mission of educating, connecting and energizing leaders to serve and improve the community.
Our sponsorship partners provide critical financial support for each program day and for special alumni special events.
Through our annual Alumni Fundraising Campaign, you have the opportunity to “pay it forward” through your financial support of Leadership Winston-Salem. Click on the donate button at the top of the page to make your contribution online.
A very special endowment fund has been established in memory of one of Leadership Winston-Salem’s founders. The Thomas K. Hearn, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund will enable participation in the program by those who might not otherwise be able to afford the tuition cost. You may donate specifically to this fund held at the Winston-Salem Foundation.
Named for one of our founders, Dr. Thomas K. Hearn, Jr., the Hearn Memorial Endowment Scholarship Fund provides partial tuition assistance to eligible class members who could not otherwise attend. Founded in 2010 with the generous assistance of additional program co-founders C. Edward Pleasants and Julius H. Corpening, the fund is maintained at The Winston-Salem Foundation.
Help us continue to grow this important fund by donating or contact our office at 336-723-1002 x205.
PHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Chancellor’s Circle ($10,000+)
- John W. Burress, III
- Nancy & Ed Pleasants
- The BB&T Charitable Foundation
President’s Circle ($5,000+)
- Flow Lexus
- John A. Taylor
Trustee’s Circle ($2,500+)
- Claire & Hudnall Christopher
- Paul Fulton
- Mr. & Mrs. John F. Ward
Dean’s Circle ($1,000+)
- Bruce M. Babcock
- Weston P. Hatfield
- Frank L. Blum Construction
- Laura W. Hearn
- Mr. & Mrs. Thomas S. Douglas, III
- Ruthlee & Glenn Orr
- Mr. & Mrs. Frank Driscoll
- Quality Oil Company, LLC
- Marvin D. Gentry, Villace Point, LLC
- Elizabeth L. Quick
- Jim & Holly Grobe
- Scott Richardson, Village Tavern, Inc.
Professor’s Circle (up to $999)
- Sandra Boyette
- Beth N. Hopkins
- Dr. Sharon B. Covitz
- Arthur T. King
- Bill & Betty Gray Davis
- Gilmour Lake
- Nancy Dunn
- J. Walter McDowell
- Douglas L. Edgeton
- Minta McNally
- Lynn & Barry Eisenberg
- Danny R. Newcomb
- Mr. & Mrs. McDara P. Folan, III
- Lloyd G. & Gwendolyn C. Walter, Jr.
- Kathryn W. Garner
- John C. Whitaker, Jr.
- Donna H. Hamilton
- Paul Wiles
- Charles H. & Susan Hauser
Leadership Winston-Salem would like to give special recognition to the following donor:
- Ben Sutton