How do I apply to attend the program?
Applicants may self-nominate or be nominated by their employer, another community member or organization.
How am I selected for the program?
It is not uncommon for applicants to apply multiple times before being selected for the program, often due to number of applicants, their commitment to community involvement, and the goal of creating a diverse class of participants for maximum impact.
What is the time commitment?
On average, each participant should expect to invest:
- 9 hours per month for program days throughout a nine-month timeframe
- 8-12 hours each month in pre-work assignments and action learning team project work. (This will vary in accordance with each project team’s choices)
Who else has gone through the program?
What does the program require of me?
More important, the program requires that you bring an open mind, and willingness to listen and seek to understand other perspectives, and a commitment to serve your community. We ask that you contribute to discussion AND give others an opportunity to contribute as well.
This is a unique experience. Many alumni emphasize that you will get out of it what you put into it. So we ask that you fully engage, build trust with your classmates, and embrace new experiences/perspectives.
If accepted, how many sessions can I miss?
Who is this program for?
How will I know if I’m qualified?
- Who represent a cross-section of the community including business, government, health care, arts, nonprofit, and community organizations as well as diversity in gender, age, race and ethnicity;
- Who have demonstrated a commitment to improving the community through collaborative leadership;
- Who have the time to fully participate in the program including all pre-work and action learning projects;
- Who are open to other perspectives, to learning, and to further developing servant leader skills;
- Who have the intention, upon completion of the program, to seek community leadership opportunities and to be personally involved in collaboratively shaping the future of this community
What is the tuition?
Tuition is $3,000 per person.
Are scholarships available?
What’s in it for me?
What is the return on investment for me?
Given the quality of content and the caliber of speakers throughout the program, a pragmatic quantification of these activities reflecting comparable one-day programs would normally be $1,000 or more, for a total program cost of $10,000+. With a $2,700 tuition fee, the return on investment is more than four times the cost of the initial investment for the individual, the sponsoring organization, and the community-at-large.