LWS has 4.5 positions and an annual operating budget of $465,000.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
Strong organizational management skills with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Strong organizational management skills with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Experience in data-driven program evaluation.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- High level of computer and electronic competency.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree with advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel locally and regionally.
The Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for LWS’s staff, programs, expansion, finances and execution of its mission. The ED reports to the Board of Directors. The focus will be to:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, marketing and technology systems.
- Ensure a strong and actively pursued organizational strategic plan and strategic management process.
- Actively engage LWS volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain staff.
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, sponsors, donors, and other constituents.
- Develop and sustain an effective organizational structure, operations and processes.
- Serve as a public advocate, aware of and involved with citywide and community issues relevant to the LWS mission.
Ensure revenue generating and fundraising activities expand as appropriate to support existing program operations and expansion.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Ensure effective marketing, public relations, and community impact positioning for LWS consistent with budget restraints.
- Spearhead the recruitment process for the INSIGHT program.
- Create, plan and execute the INSIGHT program, ensuring a quality end product.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation for the Executive Director is dependent upon qualifications and experience. We offer paid time off, maternal/paternal leave, health insurance, a health reimbursement account, free parking, travel reimbursement and a 37.5 hour-week schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to be considered please email your cover letter, resume, salary expectations, supervisory references, and a copy of your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be open until filled. The search committee will begin reviewing applications December 7, 2020. LWS is an equal opportunity employer.