Director of Administration & Technology
Director of Administration & Technology
The mission of Leadership Winston-Salem (LWS)– educating, connecting and energizing leaders to serve and improve the community – guides everything we do. LWS operates two programs: Flagship and INSIGHT. Our programs are all about building strong, lasting relationships with other leaders, learning more about our community, and being inspired to make a difference in our community.
LWS has 4.5 positions and an annual operating budget of $465,000. To learn more about LWS, please visit www.leadershipws.org.
The Director of Administration & Technology is responsible for key bookkeeping, database, website, administrative and fundraising-related functions. Must exhibit an energetic approach to the key mission of foster stronger community leaders. Position is considered the “hub” of the inner workings of the organization.
Along with the LWS team, build effective relationships with the Alumni and community, maintaining regular communication and making connections that strengthen our network and create a high level of satisfaction.
Reports to the Executive Director of Leadership Winston-Salem.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage bookkeeping, financial tracking & reporting utilizing QuickBooks and Excel including but not limited to:
- Payroll requests, maintain W9’s for independent contractors, worker’s comp
- Vendor interface – prepare, compile and evaluate bids (when appropriate) for products and services
- Liability insurance renewal & obtain certificates of insurance
- Primary liaison to the Board of Directors Treasurer and Finance Committee:
- Develop and interpret financial reports for the EC and BOD
- Liaison for annual audit:
- Prepare for & participate in annual audit process
- Compile information for completion of Form 990
- Serve as staff liaison to Marketing Committee
Flagship and INSIGHT Program Coordination
- Manage communications and program materials
- Manage organization’s hardware and software needs through research, purchase, installation
- Implement new software programs and/or upgrades and train staff as necessary.
- Maintain constituent database, ensuring accurate and updated records for consistent reporting
- Technology support including database (eTapestry) queries and reporting, website updates,
online surveys, metrics reporting, and interface with technology vendors
- Provide Zoom production and support for LWS online events
General Operations & Administration
- Provide project and administrative support for Flagship and INSIGHT programs, fundraising,
- General office administration: document retention, operations & process manuals, supplies
- Development of applications and tracking incoming application materials for Flagship and Action
- Coordinate website maintenance, ensure new and consistent information is accurate and timely
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Outstanding organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Solid bookkeeping and financials management skills
- Use of discretion and independent judgment in handling confidential and sensitive information
in connection with financial, administrative and the Executive Director’s responsibilities.
- Excellent analytical and technology skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher,
database queries, online application systems and survey tools
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, quality, accuracy
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Independent worker and problem-solver with high dependability
- Experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors and Committees
- Normal physical demands of administrative job with capability to lift 20-25 pounds
- Some travel required (primarily within Forsyth County)
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-4 years of experience in supporting multiple managers/areas in a
- Proficient in bookkeeping functions and with financial software (ex: QuickBooks)
- Experience with database software required; CRM/eTapestry donor database experience
- Business experience in social media
- Proficiency in Zoom, Google Suite, Canvas, Adobe Premiere Elements, WordPress
Employee Classification: Salaried with a standard work week of 37.5 hours/week.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience plus travel expense reimbursement
In order to be considered please email your cover letter, resume, salary expectations and supervisory references to email@example.com. The position will be open until filled. The search committee will begin reviewing applications May 21, 2021. LWS is an equal opportunity employer.