The mission of Leadership Winston-Salem (LWS)– educating, connecting and energizing leaders to serve and improve the community – guides everything we do. LWS operates two programs: Flagship and INSIGHT. Our programs are all about building strong, lasting relationships with other leaders, learning more about our community, and being inspired to make a difference in our community.
LWS has 4.5 positions and an annual operating budget of $465,000. To learn more about LWS, please visit www.leadershipws.org.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Superior facilitation skills and experience in adult learning techniques, processes.
- Extensive experience in creating, planning and executing events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Ability to work successfully with key community leaders, including members of the Leadership WS Board of Directors.
- Familiarity with Forsyth County’s business and civic leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to build effective relationships for the organization among diverse constituencies.
- Demonstrated experience in managing budgets, supervising support staff, and success in exceeding goals.
- Ability to be forward thinking, proactive, multi- task and anticipate needs and next steps.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills and
- Demonstrated success in working with volunteers.
- Proficiency in Canvas, Zoom, Google Docs, and Microsoft Office – Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Familiarity with eTapestry or other CRM software.
- Proficiency in use of social media platforms.
- Ability to utilize leadership tools, concepts, and assessments to put these resources into successful practice personally and in programs where appropriate.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and three years of validated experience in the areas reflected above.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel locally.
- Typical physical demands of administrative job with capability to lift 20-25 pounds.
Responsible for the successful execution of Leadership Winston-Salem’s Flagship Program. Ensures stimulating, impactful adult learning experiences for this intensive nine-month program. Reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Development Director as well as the Administrative & Technology Director.
Flagship class recruiting/selection:
- Spearhead the recruitment process for each year’s new class. Plan, coordinate, market, and conduct information sessions each spring for prospective candidates.
- Coordinate class selection process, including documenting Selection Committee meetings and providing input, updating stats as selection decisions are made, and communicating to all applicants.
Flagship class execution:
- Partner with each committee in creating, planning and executing the Leadership WS Flagship Program, ensuring a quality end product with appropriate pacing, experiential learning, and linkages to community leadership.
- Recruit, select, and train committee members and chairs. Attend committee meetings, providing guidance to ensure all criteria for a quality leadership day are met.
- Provide day-of support to committees for each year’s Opening Retreat, program days and Celebration.
- Recruit, communicate with and match mentors to current class participants each year
- Supervise Part-Time Flagship Program Coordinator position
Action Learning Projects (ALP):
- Solicit and vet project proposals from local non-profit organizations
- Conduct poll of incoming participants to determine which ALP proposals are chosen.
- Confer with the Administrative & Technology Director to designate ALP teams based on their preference, with a focus on diversity
- Interface with ALP coaches on team progress during the year and with chosen organizations (Community Partners) to ensure their ALP teams are communicating appropriately.
- Partner with Development Director to obtain sponsorships for the Flagship Program.
- Participate in community activities related to the Flagship Program; represent LWS effectively to vital external audiences.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation for the Program Director is dependent upon qualifications and experience. We offer paid time off, maternal/paternal leave, health insurance, a health reimbursement account, free parking, travel reimbursement and a 37.5 hour-week schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to be considered please email your cover letter, resume, salary expectations and supervisory references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be open until filled. The search committee will begin reviewing applications February 4, 2021. LWS is an equal opportunity employer.