All applications received by the due date will be evaluated by a selection committee comprised of Leadership Winston-Salem graduates and board members. This committee undertakes a rigorous process to select 50-55 participants for the upcoming class and notifies each applicant of the selection decision in late August.
The selection committee looks for individuals as follows:
- Live or work in Forsyth County;
- Typically are in middle or upper management roles in their organizations and have had significant volunteer experiences;
- Have demonstrated a commitment to improving the community through collaborative leadership;
- Are open and willing to listen to other perspectives and further develop servant leader skills;
- Will commit the time to fully participate in the program including all pre-work and action learning projects;
- Have the intention, upon completion of the program, to seek community leadership opportunities and to be personally involved in shaping the future of this community.
We make a conscious effort to build a dynamic class that blends profit and not-for-profit employment, leadership experience, age, ethnicity and gender.
Applicants may self-nominate or be nominated by their employer, another community member or organization. In all cases, an applicant must complete an application to be considered for the program. Due to program demand and class composition, it’s not uncommon to submit an application in multiple years before being selected. If you are not selected for the upcoming program, we strongly encourage you to reapply in future years.